The Case for Independence

The case for independence. I have for many years enjoyed the idea of carrying my own gear to a performance. There is something about having my house on my back that turns me on. Its a strange idea and one that could give back aches as well. But for me it is more an idea of having ones own idea and making it happen for yourself and giving it to the world.

There is just a fierce and proper indepent spirit that drives me and I am in love with it. This is a scope that I will simply make happen until the end. I am leaving for Amsterdam again. I love performing in Holland there is an artist spirit there that I have not felt since living in New Orleans. A kind of abandon that simply feeds my desire to express myself. For those who know me well you know what I am speaking of. This feeling of art, music, and love ripping one completely apart ahhh that feeling I live for. I am working on a few new songs so I decided to chase some old songs and look into how they were written in order to gather some inspiration. One of the artists/bands that I am looking at right now is HOLE. Many may say oh dear the 90's Rock music reckoning yeah in some ways it is but there is a raw completly naked way that many of these songs attract me. So with the looking into this it gives me a another look at my own work with a bit of freshness.


Lord I need loud. I need sound. My Steel Pans are not afraid of Volume. Only I. I am in need of that public that lets me be me. I found it in Japan. I am looking to go back and find them again. I love them in Osaka for letting me out.

G




Comments

Popular Posts