GREGORY BOYD HEAVY METAL

Comments

Gregory Boyd said…
Gregory Boyd is a singer, songwriter, performer, Master Steel Panist and innovator — A musician who blends the sound of SteelPan with his Raw Blues/Soul vocals to make something truly special for the Listener. Coming from a veritable Northern and Southern USA Tradition Boyd related to Blues Legend Muddy Waters, spent his time in Detroit, Milwaukee, Colorado as child then to New Orleans as a Late teenager where he spent his time performing with the US Navy Band learning steel Drums and by chance meeting the Neville Brothers performing with members of this acclaimed New Orleans first family of funk with various family members placing his signature Steel Pan and soul Vocal sound on everything he touched. "New Orleans was a hotbed for me at the time. I could learn music from the funkiest and most eclectic musicians in the World from Herman Ernest, to Charmaine Neville to which I owe my stage show to Dr. John, to Cyril Neville, Charles Neville and the Mardi Gras Indians." I owe part of my sound to living in the Midwest for a time as a child. "In my neighborhood as a child growing up in the Midwest it was almost unheard of to listen to anything but Rock Music. I listened to Hendrix. To me he was not rock but an innovator and I love the sound of innovation, rock music was all that was on the radio and I truly fell in love with the sound of raw guitars and screaming riffs". Gregory Boyd's first professional session was in New Orleans with the Grammy Award winning Basin Brothers Cajun band which started a long affair with a broad plethora of music styles from Indian to Classical music, Funk and Jazz. "My goal is to move people and innovate simultaneously it always has been and until I feel that I have reached that goal I will not stop".

GROOVESVILLE MUSIC

Popular Posts